Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cabbage and Turkey Sausage or "Homeless Shelter Food"

I got married almost 10 years ago, and in those 10 years I have kind of learned to like cooking. Since I have Celiac Disease, and need to eat gluten free that has become a basic necessity. The thing I hate though, and will to my dying day is grocery shopping. Especially with no plan. A couple of years ago I discovered a website calledwww.e-mealz.com. It is awesome. Every week you get a list of meals and the grocery list. They try to keep it to a certain budget. There are tons of plans to choose from, and recently they added a gluten free plan. Yeah! I used to just take a regular plan and substitute gluten free items in, but this works better. My daughter and I have to eat gluten free, my poor husband has to go along for the ride. Honestly, most things taste just fine, and he is a little picky. He has realized just to be happy that I cook now, and don't insist on going out to eat all of the time.

One of the meals this week was a cabbage and turkey sausage thing. I love cabbage, but I have not had it at all since we have been married. My father-in-law was over the night I made this too, and my husband said that his dad and himself hate cabbage. I was like well then you will have to go get something else because this is what I made. It was on my list. They both said they would try it. Right before we ate it, my hubby said it looked like food from a homeless shelter :) I said if it is good enough for them, then it is good enough for us.

you be the judge:)
Well after we all tried it, the verdict was that it was pretty good. My father-in-law said the cabbage he had growing up was always soggy. This was just steamed slightly so slightly crunchy. We all kind of liked it. My daughter and I really liked it. The boys endured. Anyway, it made for a good laugh.

Just so you know, I do not get paid by E-mealz for the endorsement. They really are a wonderful company, and I love my life with them.

Have a Happy Thursday,
Shelly

0 comments:

Post a Comment