Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Snow fun and Ice Cream

So it is the middle of April in Wisconsin, A week ago it was in the 70's and a week from now it is supposed to be in 60s. However, yesterday and today it is like this.
It started snowing yesterday, and we have gotten about 6 inches. It went from total Spring loveliness to this. Kind of sad, kind of beautiful. This is Wisconsin for you though. It can snow well into May.

Our puppy, who is getting huge, and being a winter puppy is in heaven. She was missing the snow. Allie was so happy to. It was perfect playing snow. Fairly warm outside, and big, heavy, fluffy flakes. They played outside for over an hour.

They had so much fun, and Allie did her favorite thing. She ate tons of snow. She absolutely loves it. That gave me an idea. I wanted to make snow ice cream all winter, but kept forgetting about it. This was perfect, fresh snow, and a little girl who loves to eat it.

Here is the recipe I used. I found it on-line by typing in snow ice cream recipe. Anywho,

1 gallon fresh snow
1cup sugar
1 T vanilla
2 cups milk
makes 8 servings

Gather the snow, and add all of the other ingredients. Mix it all together, and serve. Super easy, and really super yummy. We put chocolate sauce on it. My husband would not eat it though. He said he will not eat dirty water. He thinks anything that falls from the sky is dirty. I can see he logic, but well I still am going to eat it.



Well that was our evening yesterday. I have been working on tons of projects lately. Hopefully I will get better about posting and show you some. Have a great day.

God Bless,
Shelly

0 comments:

Post a Comment