Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Utility Garage Tiles Transformed into Beautiful Rugs

This is a project I have been wanting to do for awhile now, and finally got the time and creativity. I also found a great deal on the main item needed for this project. I found these the other day at Goodwill for $9.99

I was so excited because they usually start at $20 a piece in our local home improvement store. Anyway, I have been wanting to get a new rug for by my kitchen sink, a mat for under my dog's dish, and a new rug by our patio door. I like the industrialness of these mats for all three areas. I saw the inspiration for this idea on this blog http://thecreativityexchange.blogspot.com/2011/02/hand-painted-floor-mat-laundry-craft.html. I love this blog, she has so many great ideas. I would never have thought to do this. This came with six blocks, so plenty to do all three of my projects. That is right three decent size rugs for $9.99, you cannot beat that.

They started out like this.


The rug by the patio is three blocks wide, the kitchen mat is two blocks wide, and the dog mat is half of a block. I did not like the notches on the sides, so I cut them off with my scissors. This was super easy. They ended up looking like this.

                                                  This is under my puppy's dishes
                   This is the kitchen mat. It does not match the kitchen yet because I have yet to finish the kitchen,but it is going to be white, orange, and light blue.
                                             This is the detail more up close.
This is the one that will go by the patio door. I used acrylic paint for all of them, I also sealed them with a spray sealant when I was done. I used three coats of that. I used my Silhouette HD for the stencils on my patio rug, and I free handed the other two. Love them all.
                                  I love the three birds. Reminds me of my little family: Grant, Allieroo, and I

 So spring like. I think I am going to make one for every season. I like this one, but it is almost a little too formal for my tastes. I am going to head back to Good will to see if I can get more. Anyway, that is one of the projects I have been working on. Hope you enjoyed.

God Bless,
Shelly

2 comments:

Bringing up babies said...

WOW!Shel! Awesome! Did you free hand?
The one with the birds/ the stencil on the corners is kinda like the one I tried to make on the girls dresser - Yours turned out great!

Really cute idea!

Garage Tiles Flooring said...

Hi,This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.
Thanks,You should also check out garage flooring uk.

Post a Comment