Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Donuts and Doggy Training

A little over four years ago, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. It is an intolerance to gluten which is basically found in wheat, rye, barley, and sometimes oats. Basically everything. They have come a long way in these four years with what is available in our small town. Most things you can get, but they can  be expensive. The thing I miss the most is a good donut. There is a company that makes some, but they come frozen and a thawed donut is just not the same. For Christmas, I got a mini donut maker from the adult gift exchange on my husband's side. It even came with seven recipes. This is a heaven sent blessing. Sometimes taking a recipe that is not gluten free and making it so can turn out weird, but  this was wonderful.


                                           I made a chocolate glaze for them too. Yum Yum!
                                                 This is the wonderful new contraption.
                                              This is who makes the thing; Bella Cucina


I used the Basic Donut Recipe from the instruction book that came with it.

1 cup flour ( I used Authentic Foods All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour the Classical Blend)
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 tbsp cooking oil ( I used canola)

Stir dry ingredients together. Add egg, vanilla, and milk and beat 1 minute with mixer or by hand. Add oil and continue to beat for 1 minute more. Bake according to the machines directions. This made 25 mini donuts.

I then mixed 3 tbsp chocolate chips and 1 tbsp milk in bowl. Microwaved it for 3 intervals of 10 seconds for the glaze.

It was so delicious!  The kids thought so too.

                                             My niece, Leah   My nephew, Lincoln    My daughter, Allison


On another note, puppy training is going well. Josie already knows to ring the bell by the door to go outside, and goes potty outside most of the time. I know we have a long way to go, but I am pleased so far. She definitely has spunk, and loves to chew. I have told Allie a lot in the last few days, that if it is on the floor that it is far game for Josie. The floor is staying cleaner :)



I hope tomorrow to post some pictures and maybe a tutorial of a must have for a puppy in the cold, Wisconsin winter. Until then, have a good night, and God bless.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment