Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My favorite House Decorations

Yeah for Thursday. i am especially happy because i have a day without the twins. I love them so much, but my sister decided to start potty training. Guess who gets to do it during the week. Long days, and I think a long month is ahead. Anyway, today is going to be a nice relaxing day.
 I decided that today I would share with you some of my favorite things in my house. We moved into this house last year in May. It was awful. I have painted and made a lot of improvements, but now that we have been here awhile, I have a better idea as to what I want to do. However, I can't go crazy because in about two years we are knocking this house down and rebuilding. I will be showing you projects I work on as I go. Here is some of the stuff I love right now.

I made these pictures for my daughters playroom. I copied them from a Pottery Barn Kids magazine. I made them by piecing paper together. I absolutely love them.





I got this awesome picture at a rummage sale. It is hand stitched. I love it and the barn board frame.
I just made this wreath for Valentine's Day. I love the paper used. I will show you this more tomorrow.
 This is my favorite vignette in my house. I love old jars, bottles, and blue. I made the yarn wreath, bought the sparkly snowflake at Hobby Lobby for $.99. The old window I got at a rummage sale for $1.00, and the jars came with our house. They were found in our barn. Love them.

 I made this sign a couple of years ago at MOPS. This is my favorite saying. It hangs in our dining room.
This awesome cabinet was in our barn when we bought the house. I absolutely love it. Most of the glassware was in there as well. Buying this house had so many awesome discoveries. I got the picture frame at a rummage sale, and I redid it. The subway art I designed. How I made it is on the last post I did.
This is a V-Day garland that I made. I finger knitted the main rope, and then my daughter and I made the hearts. We used a idea we found in the Feb. issue of Family Fun. Love it.

Well that is it for now. I really do like my house, but I have tons to make it what I want. Have a great day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment