Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentine Shabby Subway Art

Happy Tuesday Blog Followers! It is a nice day here, other then that I am having to help potty train my niece and nephew. Oh the joys. I know it will only be a hard couple of weeks, but with a new puppy and now them, I am tired.

Anywho, I finished a project that I did on my Silhouette SD last week. I am loving this subway art that I am seeing everywhere. I was going to at first just use the plain design I made. However, it looked a little too modern for my space. I love modern, but it is not my decorating style. So, I decided to make it a little shabby chic. Here is what it looks like.



I got close up so you could see the details.

This is how I did this. First of all, I designed my Subway art on the Silhouette SD. You could take any Subway art you find though, and use this technique. There are many free printables on-line. If I can figure it out, I will let you use mine, but I don't know how to do that yet. I then printed it out on a tannish paper, to make it look older. However, I think you could use white paper, and spray it with coffee or tea. That would probably look cool too. I am going to try that next time.


Then you begin to tear the words apart. Don't be scared, just go slowly, and you won't wreck the words. If you do, you can always print another one and just use them too.
 Tearing in different directions give a really cool look.  Keep tearing until all words are seperated like the above.

 I used a detailed scapbook paper for the background, and then mod podged larger torn pieces of the tan paper over that. Only a little bit of the detailed paper showed through.
 I layed out the papers for a trial run, and then I mod podged all of the pieces down to the back ground. I also put a thin layer of mod podge over the top. I then put it in my frame to enjoy. I absolutely love how it turned out. Fits in with my decor much better now. Can't wait to make one for every other time of the year now.


 Linking this up to the following parties.

Today's Creative Blog










and at http://mycraftielife.blogspot.com/








1 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that! Great job. Thanks for Tuesday Tell All.

Post a Comment