Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Valentine Pewter Chalkboard Plate

Hello!

In regards to yesterday's post, I do not have any more news on my friends precious baby boy. Please continue to pray, and I will update you as soon as I hear anything.

I finally have a project to show you. My last few crafting attempts have not gone well for me, but I have something to show you today.

                                      I made this to hang on the front door to our portion of the house.
                                     (We share a house with my in-laws, so this is going on our door.)


I started with a pewter plate that I had already painted chalkboard paint on. This idea is not mine, but I cannot remember where I saw it. If you do, please let me know and I will give them credit. I used three coats of chalkboard paint, and let it dry for three days. I then bought a plate hanger at Hobby Lobby. I had tried hot glue to attach the ribbon to the plate but this would not hold. The hanger is safer.


I then took two red pipe-cleaners and one pink fluffy pipe-cleaner. I slid pink and white beads onto the red pipe-cleaners, and red beads onto the pink on. I then twisted it into a shape of a heart.



Next I took ribbon, and looped it in the hearts. I then attached it to the plate holder. I also cut about a foot long length of thick, pink ribbon to hang the plate up.


Here is another picture of what it looked like completed.


Here are a couple of other ones around my house. Once is more winter themed, and the others just hang as decoration in my kitchen. I love this idea because it is easy to do with the kids, and you can change them out based on whatever time of year it is.


This is what my daughter, niece, and nephew were doing while I was preparing this tutorial. They are so fun.


Linking this up to
</P>
<P></P>
<P><BR></P>
<P>http://www.thethriftyhome.comShow and Tell Green



 

Photobucket


0 comments:

Post a Comment